1878 - Post Card - ...

Notifications
Clear all

1878 - Post Card - Lacrosse

mforder
(@mforder)
Topic starter  

Hello,

Under my introduction it will tell where this post card came from. It's dated 1878 (hand written on the back) It's not in great shape BUT I do know that the white on the front is simply the envelope that got stuck to it over the years because of where it was stored. I did see here on this site that what I have is simply a post card. This same card appears here on this site.

I guess I was just trying to find out what I had and now I know, it's a post card. What I don't know is if these are in any way collectible and due to the condition of what I have is it collectible at all? I just don't know a thing about any of this. I just know the it was sent 1878.

Can anyone here provide with a bit more information on it. Just looking for honest feedback which I feel folks here could provide. Here are a few images, please don't laugh. 

Thank you,

---Mark

"The Steele Box"

mforder
(@mforder)
Topic starter  

Here is the backside of the card...

ReplyQuote
laxcardgeek
(@laxcardgeek)
Member Admin

Hey! Nice card. I own the one pictured on this site. I think I paid around $50 for it a year or two ago. Yours is the only other one I have seen, so that is all I have for pricing info, unfortunately. You might be able to carefully soak the envelope off the front of the card. I'm sure you can find some info online about safe practices. 

Twitter - @TalesfromtheAFL
Looking for Brodie Merrill and Wes Berg cards

ReplyQuote
mforder
(@mforder)
Topic starter  

@laxcardgeek Hi Todd,

Thank you. I kind of figured it was no biggie but at least I found someone who clearly knows. Thanks and keep you the great work. Site's excellent.

---Mark

ReplyQuote
laxcardgeek
(@laxcardgeek)
Member Admin

@mforder - If you're interested in selling the card, I might be interested. It is in rough shape, but having the date written on back in pretty cool. If not, no worries. And thank you for the kind words about the site! 

Twitter - @TalesfromtheAFL
Looking for Brodie Merrill and Wes Berg cards

ReplyQuote
mforder
(@mforder)
Topic starter  

@laxcardgeek I will let you know Todd and thank you for the offer.

ReplyQuote
Share: